Natural Language Processing (NLP) with PyTorch¶
Hello! This is a directory of resources for a training tutorial to be given at the O’Reilly AI Conference in New York City on Monday, April 15th, and Tuesday, April 16th.
Please read below for general information. You can find the github repository at this link. Please note that there are two ways to engage in this training (described below).
More information will be added to this site as the training progresses.
- A working knowledge of Python and the command line
- Familiarity with precalc math (multiply matrices, dot products of vectors, etc.) and derivatives of simple functions.
- A general understanding of machine learning (setting up experiments, evaluation, etc.) (useful but not required)
Hardware and/or installation requirements:¶
- There are two options:
- Using O’Reilly’s online resources. For this, you only needs a laptop; on the first day, we will provide a URL to use an online computing resource (a JupyterHub instance) provided by O’Reilly. If you have a Safari account, you can use that to log on. Otherwise, you can create a free trial (the free trial button is on the URL we provide). You will be able to access Jupyter notebooks through this and they will persist until the end of the second day of training. This option is not limited by what operating system you have. You will need to have a browser installed.
- Setting everything up locally. For this, you need a laptop with the PyTorch environment set up. This is only recommended if you want to have the environment locally or have a laptop with a GPU. (If you have trouble following the provided instructions or if you find any mistakes, please file an issue here.)